There are a number of reasons why either a business or an individual may want to access translation services. You may need a translation if you are intending on opening up a branch of your business in an international location. You may be selling some of your products to overseas, buyers even if you don’t have a base in that country but everything you do is using online tools. These both need translation services.
There are other reasons why a translator may be required such as when someone needs to submit documents when they are about to work in another country and these need to be translated into that country’s language. This could include educational qualifications, birth and marriage certificates and professional references.
Finding the Best Translation Services for your Translation Job
Look up on the internet the translation services that specialise in your language and your type of documents. From your results shortlist the most suitable ones and request a quote from each one. There are certain points you should consider when getting your documents translated and they are outlined below.
- Once you have selected appropriate translation services before submitting your documents ask questions related to what is included in the quote and whether they guarantee the quality of their translations.
- If the translation is of an official document you will need more than someone who is bilingual to do the translation you will need a professional translator who is prepared to certify the translation when it has been completed. This means you will get a signed statement saying the translation is accurate.
- Check that the translation services quote covers proofreading the translation by another competent translator.
- If you want your translation done by the next day you will be charged more for that service so you need to get in your translation requirements in early in order to minimise the costs.
- Don’t be tempted to choose a translation service that says it has translators who are able to translate 10,000 words each day. Generally speaking, a good translator won’t be able to do more than 3,000 words every day.
- When you submit your documents to your chosen translation services include any terminology you would be used in the translation.
- Before submitting your documents for translation make sure you have checked for any errors otherwise you are putting an extra burden on the translator when he or she doesn’t have a clear understanding of the text.
- If your chosen translation service says they use machine translations be very wary as there is no true substitute for a human translator. Proper language that will be readily understood is only produced by human translators.